Hi there. Stop sniggering! I mean you. Hey, you just stepped in a pile of insignificant posts. Hahaha... This is a personal weblog of a web2oh developer. This blog is kept popular by viewers like you. Thanks.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Work-Life UnBalance

Year 2007 is ending soon & year 2008 is fast coming. Here, it's raining heavily now. Feeling so slumber. It would be nice if I can take a short nap now. Instead of doing that, I move on to listen to some music & one of the song that struck me is "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty. This song has inspired me to look back at my life to know how far I've come & how can I improve my life. Furthermore, I find it a good time & day to proceed.

Well, I know it has been almost a year if I remember correctly that I do not have a proper life. What is a proper life to me is the ability for me to have a peaceful sleep (not necessary 8 hours a day), to enjoy every meals I have, to spend some quality time after working hour doing what I love to do & to have more time to socialize. I notice this is happening to me lately when I keep breaking promises. A simple example is my parents called me for almost 5 times where in every calls, they ask me when I will be going back to Malaysia & I just replied "I will plan out & will inform them". When I first came here to Singapore, I will go back to Malaysia once every 3 months even though for whatever reasons I can't do so. After more than a year in Singapore, that frequency changed when I only only go back to Malaysia after 6 months. As an example of this is after Chinese New Year holiday this year, I was in Singapore untill before Hari Raya 2007. So, the gap is almost 8 months. This simply reflect my unproper life which I think it is. I just felt so guilty & sorry for my actions.

I know I can't blame it on the same common reason to this problem that is busy with work because I have friends who is also working but they are able to achieve work & life balance. Therefore, I think the consequences of all these come from my work lifestyle. I have to learn to take a break & relax sometimes from work. In my opinion & experience, I have to say my working life in Singapore is difference than in Malaysia due to the fact its fast pace, work culture & people behaviour. Somehow, these has affected my life & I have to learn how to overcome this challenge or else adapt to it. I really miss out many happy, enjoyable, exciting, sad or memorable moments in my life.

I really need to start taking actions focusing at how to manage my time & how to survive in the "rats race" while it's not too late to get back my proper life I wish to. Last, to any of my family members & my friends who I can't keep in touch or I neglected, I hope you all can still bear with me. I am still trying my best to cope up with the burden now. TQ for the understanding.

No comments: